June 23, 2014

In the Navy


Celebrated a business school friend's beautiful wedding in Annapolis and had a chance to enjoy the Maryland capital and DC with the boy before jetting off to another wedding in Los Angeles.

I couldn't help but sing to myself that 70's classic by The Village People, In the Navy, as we walked through the Naval Academy, a stunning marvel lying at the confluence of the Severn River and Chesapeake Bay. The campus boasts French-style architecture and beautiful pastel colors that look totally harmonious with the serene Chesapeake. For the wedding, I had a chance to break out this fun Alice + Olivia number, with a lovely cutout back. Perfect for the (8+) weddings I'm attending this summer! I generally wear simple pearl studs for earrings, but I will occasionally break out dangly earrings for special occasions- my favorites are these Alexis Bittar pale pink stunners that I bought a couple years ago and still go with just about any evening outfit.

As for galavanting in DC- I had never done much of it in the past, having only experienced it as a visiting college student where bar crawls and late-night monument visits were the norm. Exploring the city by bike was an incredibly fun way to see different neighborhoods and take in the many monuments, although I highly recommend choosing a cooler spring or fall day than the 97 degree Fahrenheit one we chose. You can never really control the weather, I suppose!

Some recommendations:

  • Drink a specialty coffee and indulge in some seriously great cupcakes (I loved the Razmanian Devil!) at Baked & Wired in Georgetown
  • Watch the game with some bros and enjoy some delicious pizza at Matchbox Pizza (we loved the fire & smoke!)
  • Treat yourself to an exotic but incredible meal at Rose's Luxury (it sounds crazy, but the spicy strawberry-tomato spaghetti is to die for)
  • Late night munchies? Get the best falafel at Amsterdam Falafelshop


Outfit #1: Lululemon Top & Shorts / Ray-Ban Aviators
Outfit #2: Alice + Olivia Dress / Chloé Shoes / Jimmy Choo Clutch / Alexis Bittar Earrings / Cartier Bracelets & Watch / Essie Romper Room Nail Polish
Outfit #3: Isabel Marant Dress / Jimmy Choo Sandals / Céline Bag / Ray-Ban Aviators
Outfit #4: Rag & Bone Top / Paige Denim Shorts / Céline Bag / Jimmy Choo Sandals / Ray-Ban Aviators